COACHES NUMEROUS AT FIELD

THREE NEW ONES ASSIST IN FINAL DEVELOPMENT OF FOOTBALL TEAM.

The University football team spent another afternoon of hard work under a large corps of coaches at Soldiers Field yesterday. Coach Haughton spent much time is personally demonstrating offensive formations, and in picking the weak points of the various plays. The eleven, on the whole, went through the practice in a very satisfactory manner.

'98 Captain at Practice

Helping in yesterday's practice were B. H. Diblee '99 captain of the University team in 1898; R. G. McKay '11 one of the best tackles in 1909 1910 and 1911 and P. M. Hollister '13 who won his "H" last season.

Besides working against coaches, the University rehearsed signals in a livery drill. The team moved speedily and as curately under the generalship of Legan who handled the ball cleanly, and precision was prominent in all of the afternoon's work.

Kicking Uniformly Good.

Kicking also came in for its share of attention. Brickley seemed in his usual form, which Coach Haughton also made some remarkably accurate experimental drop-kicks form the 20-yard line. At punting, Mahan kicked high, giving the ends time to cover the fields, and securing his average distance. The kicking seemed entirely satisfactory.

Bradlee was again among those missing from the line-ups, his place at half back being taken by Bettle. But it is important that Bradlee, despite Bettle's good work as understudy, be in sound condition rest. Hitchock was also absent from his position at tackles; he is nursing an injured ankle which seems to be rapidly healing.

After the parade this afternoon, the team will leave for Tyngs Island, near Lowell were the players will stay at the Vesper Country Club, returning to Cambridge on Saturday morning. Some light practice will be held during the team's stay at Country Club.