SECRET SOCIETIES ARE DOOMED

Weekly Letter From Princeton Tells of Reforms in Whig Hall.

The following communication has been received from the Daily Princetonian. An exchange of such letters weekly with both the Princetonian and the Yale News has become a regular part of the news service of the CRIMSON.

Princeton, N. J., November 25.--The most important event of the week ending Monday at Princeton was the vote of the members of Whig Hall to abolish secrecy in that institution. Whig is one of the two literary societies at Princeton, and it has been a secret organization since its foundation late in the eighteenth century. This step of doing away with secrecy in the Halls has been agitated by the Daily Princetonian and the Nassau Literary Magazine; Clio Hall, the other of the two institutions, has not yet had the matter before it for consideration. The vote in Whig was a preponderating majority.

Representative Carter Glass, of Virginia, chairman of the Banking and Currency Committee in the House, delivered the first of the annual series of lectures under the Trask Foundation on Thursday evening. Representative Glass took as his subject the Currency Bill, defending the measure as it has been advocated by the present administration and praising President Wilson's determination to bring about reform.

Triangle Club to Take Long Trip.

The Triangle Club, the dramatic organization of the University, has chosen for this year's production a two-act musical comedy entitled "The Pursuit of Priscilla," written by Robert Strain 1914, in collaboration with Henry P. Elliott 1914. The club will begin its annual trip during the Christmas vacation and will give performances in New York, Washington, Chicago, Pittsburg and probably one or two other cities.

The musical season opened on Friday evening, when Mr. Arthur Whiting gave the first of five recitals of Chamber music in McCosh Hall. The remaining recitals will be given at intervals during the winter.

It was announced this week that there had been a modification in the University's regulations for re-admission of men who had been dropped for deficiency in scholastic work. Heretofore men have been allowed to return, without difficulty, to the University. Under the new rule, however, students dropped may apply for admission but are re-admitted only after their records have been investigated; and if admitted, they are subject to the restrictions of men on probation.

No Professional Hockey Coach.

Practice for hockey, basketball, swimming and water polo candidates has begun. The hockey squad will go to New York during the Thanksgiving holidays to practice on St. Nicholas Rink. There are five veterans left, including Captain Kuhn and Hobart Baker, the best offensive pair Princeton has had in years. There will be no professional coach for the team this year, Captain Kuhn himself having charge of the training of the men.

The swimming and water polo candidates have been working out in Brokaw Pool nightly for the past week. The swimming team is expected to be at least 50 per cent, stronger than in 1912-13, because of the addition of several men who were stars on the Freshman team. Captain E. J. D. Cross, who holds two intercollegiate sprint records, is showing better form than at the beginning of last season