YALE SOPHOMORE DIES IN FALL

Recent Events Summarized in Weekly Letter From Daily News.

New Haven, Conn., November 26.--

One of the saddest accidents in the history of the University occurred early Sunday morning, November 16, when John R. A. Lannon, of the sophomore class fell from his window in the second floor of Durfee Hall, sustaining a fracture of the skull which killed him instantly. The exact cause of his fall is not known, but it is generally believed to have been the direct result of somnambulism.

On Monday the regular November meeting of the Corporation was held, at which was announced the gift to the University of $50,000, by Charles H. Pine of Ansonia, Conn., and he change in the tuition fee of the University to be effective next fall. Calcium Light Night was celebrated Tuesday evening with the giving out of elections by the five Junior fraternities to the sophomore class.

Two notable addresses were given Wednesday evening; the first by Dr. J. T. Stone, Moderator of the National Presbyterian Church, on "power in a Man's Life"; and the second by Professor Thomas C. Hall, on "The Moral Aspects of Socialism." Wednesday evening was the date set for the annual Freshman football banquet; the twenty numeral men, the coach, manager and trainer were present. The latter three were presented with silver loving cups in recognition of their services.

On Friday the second regular meeting of the Yale Club of Boston was held at the Boston City Club at 9 o'clock. Both graduates and undergraduates were present, and the meeting was presided over by Rev. Samuel C. Bushnell '74.