Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

"WORLD PEACE" DRAWS ATTENTION

Plans to be Formulated for Debates Between Massachusetts Colleges.

The Massachusetts Peace Society will hold a meeting this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock to discuss plans for affiliating with the Intercollegiate Oratorical Association in establishing a debate for Massachusetts colleges on the general subject of "World Peace."

The colleges of Massachusetts will be divided into two groups, an eastern one comprising Harvard, Tufts, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston College, and Boston University, and a western one comprising Amherst, Williams, Clark, Holy Cross, and Worcester Polytechnical Institute. Each college will choose a representative who will debate against the representatives of the other colleges in his group. The winners of the two groups will then debate against each other in the final state debate. The intercollegiate Oratorical Association offers a prize of $75 to the winner of this state debate, and the Massachusetts Peace Society offers a prize of $50 to the man securing second place. The final state debate will probably be held some time in March, but the exact date has not yet been definitely fixed.

The winner of this contest will be given an opportunity to compete against the winners of similar contests in the West and Middle West in a triangular debate on the same subject which will be held later at the Lake Mohonk Conference. For this final intercollegiate match, the Intercollegiate Oratorical Association offers prizes of $100 and $75 to the men securing first and second places.