Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

THE GYMNASIUM

The general accusation which comes from the Gymnasium Committee this morning is pointed. But we think that the slow response of delinquents to the entreaties of the Committee is due to a lack of funds rather than of enthusiasm. This is a low time of year for the treasury. And, so we do not agree with the Committee when it says that little more can be done until the unredeemed pledges have been paid up. The pledge of a gentleman will always be met in the end, which means that the unpaid pledges still represent real financial interest, that measure of enthusiasm which has so often been used in the matter. If it is felt that the pledges must be redeemed at one, we can only suggest as a means to that end the hateful task of personal dunning which seems so distasteful to the writers of the communication. But we do not admit that in the meantime 1917 must go uncanvassed. Graduate action, of course, cannot be taken until the undergraduates have come somewhere near their goal; but holding up the Freshman canvass does not get us nearer.

As for the Faculty prohibition of a graduate committee, we are sure that it will be removed when the full force of the demand for the new gymnasium is felt. Meanwhile work should go on toward mustering that force