HAPPENINGS IN UNIVERSITY

Enumeration of Miscellaneous items of Interest Which Attract Undergraduate Attention.

Philip Warren Thayer, of Springfield, has been nominated by petition for the office of Odist of the Senior class, Additional nominations signed by 25 members of the class may be made by petition until next Tuesday noon.

Architects on Gridiron Today.

The annual football game for the championship of the Architectural Department of the University will be played this afternoon on Soldiers Field at 2 o'clock. Last year the game was won by courses Arch. 4B and 4C against Arch. 4A, and the latter team expects to retrieve the honors this year.

Concert at Boston Harvard Club.

The University Glee, Mandolin, and Banjo Clubs will give a concert in the Harvard Club of Boston this evening at 8.15 o'clock. The concert will be in Harvard Hall, and will be open only to members of the Boston Harvard Club. The program will be similar to the one at the Princeton concert.

Chess Team Plays Maugas Club.

The University chess team will play the Maugas chess team of Wellesley Hills at the latter's rooms this evening at eight o'clock. The following men will meet in the club rooms at 6.45 o'clock preparatory to going: D.M. Beers '15, F. M. Currier '17, C. H. Fabens '17, L. R. Ford 2G., J. R. Morton 1L., W. M. Washburn '1, G.L. Wilcox '15, C. E. Wilder 2G., B. Winkelman '15.

Cosmopolitan Club Meeting.

There will be a regular meeting of the Cosmopolitan Club in the club rooms tomorrow evening at 7 o'clock. N. N. Sen Gupta '13 will speak on Rabindranath Tagore, the Bengali Poet, who has just been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature.

Scope of Competition Broadened.

It has been decided by the Princess Theatre of New York to include both the graduate students of the University and students of Radcliffe in the $500 prize play competition recently inaugurated by the management of that theatre. This will admit many to the competition who, according to the original announcement, were barred.

New Officers of Illustrated.

The Illustrated announces the election of Theodore William Koch '14 of St. Paul, Minn, as business manager to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of Richard Henry Pass '15, of Syracuse, N. Y. Carl Otto Jordan Wheeler '16, of Kingston, R. I., has been elected circulation manager, and Cecil Hurxthal Smith '15, of Cambridge, managing editor.

"Frolic" for Christian Association

Members of the Christian Association will take part in a "Frolic" at the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. on Wednesday evening at 8 o'clock. The entire building will be at the desposal of Harvard men, including the swimming pool, billiard tables and bowling allies. Refreshments will be served later in the evening. Everything will be free.