PRESIDENT ELIOT TO SPEAK

House-Warming of Federation of Territorial Clubs in the Union on March 4 at 8 o'clock.

President Eliot will speak before the Seminary of Economics in Upper Dane this afternoon at 4.30 o'clock. His subject will be "The Chinese Clerk, Salesman, Mechanic, and Coclie." The meeting is open to all members of the University.

Starting in November, 1911, President Eliot made an eight months' trip through the East, spending no small proportion of that time in China and Japan. The trip was made at the invitation of the executive committee of the Carnegie Peace Foundation, of which he is a trustee, and was primarily in the interests of the international peace movement. President Eliot, however, did not confine himself entirely to that phase of the journey, and was able to make extensive researches on matters of general social and economic importance. Thus his knowledge of the subject on which he is to speak this afternoon has been gained from personal acquaintance with conditions, and for that reason cannot fail to be of interest to all concerned with the social life of the Orient, as well as to students of economics.