SUCCESSFUL SEASON CLOSED

Relay Teams Defeat M. I. T. at Armory A. A. Meet in Providence.

The University relay teams closed a very successful winter season by defeating the relay teams of Massachusetts Institute of Technology at the meet of the Armory Athletic Association in Providence, R. I., Saturday night. In the short relay each man ran 352 yards, while in the longer race each man covered twice that distance. In the short race, F. J. O'Brien '14 won the pole from Barry and gave a lead of two yards to R. Tower '15. Tower added four yards to the lead of the Harvard team, which R. G. Huling '13 increased by fifteen. W. A. Barron, Jr., '14, ran last and finished thirty yards ahead of Adams. Time, 2 minutes, 42 3-5 seconds.

In the long race H. G. MacLure '15 gave a lead of ten yards to H. M. Warren 13, who increased it to fifteen. T. W. Koch '14 maintained this lead over Benson. At the beginning of the last relay Guething of M. I. T. pressed E. P. Stone '15 but in the last lap Stone drew away, winning by ten yards. Time, 6 minutes, 15 4-5 seconds. None of the Harvard men entered in the individual races scored.