CRIMSON COMPETITIONS

TO BEGIN WEDNESDAY EVENING FOR EDITORIAL AND NEWS POSITIONS.

Members of the classes of 1915 and 1916 who wish to try for positions as news editors of the CRIMSON are requested to report in the CRIMSON Office in the basement of the Union Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock. At the same time members of the classes of 1914 and 1915 who wish to enter the editorial writing competition will also report, there being one position open to the class of 1914 and two open to 1915. At this meeting an outline of the work expected and of the system employed in the competitions will be made. Men interested in any phase of journalism or particularly well-informed on College activities of all sorts are urged to come out.

This will be the last competition in which members of the class of 1914 may try for positions on the board of editorial writers, and the last for members of 1915 to try for news editorships. It is the first competition open to news candidates from the Freshman class as well as for editorial candidates from the Sophomore class. The work will begin immediately after the meeting and will continue till about the middle of May, with an intermission during the spring recess.