BOYD-CARPENTER IN CHAPEL

Canon of Westminster Abbey Will Conduct Sunday Service, and Morning Prayers During Week.

The Right Reverend Sir William Boyd-Carpenter, Canon of Westminster Abbey, London, will conduct the Sunday morning service in Appleton Chapel tomorrow. He graduated from St. Catherine's College, Cambridge, England, in 1864. Later he lectured at Cambridge and Oxford for a number of years (1878-1895), and in 1904 he came to Harvard as Noble Lecturer.

He served as Vicar of St. James, Holloway, from 1870 to 1879, and in 1879 became Vicar of Christ's Church at Lancaster Gate. Three years later he was made Canon of Windsor, holding that place for two years. From 1884 to 1911 he was Bishop of Ripon, and in 1912 he was made Canon of Westminster. He is Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order and from 1879 to 1883 was Chaplain to the Queen.

The service will commence as usual at 11 o'clock. Students of the University enter at the south side-door. Students accompanied by friends enter at the south side-door. Officers of the University and their families enter at the north side-door. No seats except in the galleries will be open to the public.

The Right Reverend William Boyd-Carpenter will also conduct morning prayers from February 10 to February 21 inclusive.