UNIVERSITY MEETS PRINCETON

IN HOCKEY GAME IN NEW YORK THIS EVENING.--TEAMS VERY EVENLY MATCHED.

The University hockey team will play the second game of the series with Princeton in the St. Nicholas rink in New York tonight. The game promises to be one of the closest and best-played contests of the year.

Although Harvard defeated Princeton, 5 to 3, in an overtime game in the Arena on January 22, the work of the latter against the B. A. A. last Tuesday showed that it has been improving greatly during the past two weeks, and tonight's contest will doubtless be even closer than the first. In the game against the B. A. A., the Princeton forwards showed some remarkable team-work, and the playing of the whole seven was clean and fast. Baker was in top form and received much better support than in the Harvard game.

Encouraging Outlook for University.

The University team has also shown much improvement, although its development has been perhaps less marked than Princeton's. The return of Claflin since his illness and the good showing made by Goodale in his absence have resulted in a shift of the line-up which seems to improve the playing considerably. The practice sessions in the Arena preceding last Wednesday's game put the men in trim for hard playing, which resulted in a 3 to 1 victory over Dartmouth. Though this score was not as large as was anticipated, the defects brought out were far from serious or fundamental, and there is reason to expect that they will not reappear in tonight's contest. In the last practice before leaving for New York, held in the Arena Thursday evening, the University team displayed speed and excellent team-work, defeating the B. A. in a short scrimmage by the score of 2 to 0.

Members of Squad in New York

Managers P. Cushman '13 and R. St.B. Boyd '14, together with rubber Fowler and the following ten of the University players left for New York at 10.03 o'clock yesterday morning: F. G. Carnochan '14, Captain H. B. Gardner '13, A. M. Goodale '13, T. Gorham '13, S. T. Hopkins '14, J. S. Morgan '14, M. B. Phillips '15, A. F. Sortwell '14, P. L. Wendell '13, and W. A. Willetts '14. Dr. Frothingham, W. H. Claflin '15, D. R. Hanson '14, F. H. Palmer '13 and P. H. Smart '14 went to New York yesterday afternoon.

Practice was held in the St. Nicholas rink in New York yesterday evening, and some light work will be done there this afternoon in order that the men may get into finished form and accustom themselves to their new surroundings. The Line-up. The line-up will be as follows: HARVARD  PRINCETON. Claflin, r.e.  l.e., Patterson Phillips, r.e.  l.e., Kuhu Sortwell, l.e.  r.e., Baker Hopkins, l.e,  r.e., Kilner Goodale, c.p.  c.p., Emmons Willetts, P.  p., Lee Gardner, g.  g., Winauts