Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

LYNN DEFEATED IN SOCCER

UNIVERSITY TEAM WON FIRST MATCH OF SEASON--DEFENSIVE WORK SUPERIOR.

In the first game of the season, the University soccer team defeated Lynn Fosse Saturday, by the score of 3 to 1. During the first part of the game, the playing was principally in the Harvard territory, and only the excellent work of the backfield saved the situation. The first goal was scored on a mix-up in front of the Lynn goal, when Graustein pushed the Lynn goal-tender across the line while he was holding the ball, preparatory to kicking out. A few minutes later, Johnston made a brilliant run down the field and scored a goal for Lynn. Shortly afterward, Graustein scored again, on a pass from Lowrey.

In the second half, the playing was very even, and resulted in only one goal, which was made by Lowrey. The excellent work of Nichols at goal prevented Lynn from scoring several times. For Harvard, Graustein, Carnochan, and Nichols played well, while Johnston starred for Lynn. The line-up was as follows: HARVARD  LYNX FOSSE Nichols, g.  g., F. Fletcher Barron, r.f.b.  r.f.b., Dunn Rushmore, l.f.b.  l.f.b., McEwan McCall, r.h.b.  r.h.b., F. Cundy Francke, c.h.b.  c.h.b., R. Lakin Weston, l.h.b.  l.h.b., E. Butterworth Needham, r.o.f.  r.o.f., J. E. Fletcher Graustein, r.i.f.  r.i.f., Johnston Lowrey, c.f.  c.f., Gillespie Carnochan, l.i.f.  l.i.f., J. Fletcher Loeke, l.o.f.  l.o.f., W. Jackson

Goals--Graustein 2, Lowrey, Johnston. Referee--Burgess.