Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

M0NTHLY ADVOCATE MERGER

PASSED ON FAVORABLY BY BOTH BOARDS; NOW IN HANDS OF JOINT COMMITTEE.

The boards of the Harvard Advocate and the Harvard Monthly have held several meetings recently to consider the advisability of effecting a union of the two University literary publications. As a result of these meetings both boards have passed favorably on the proposed merger, and have given the matter over to a joint committee of 10 editors for special investigation.

This joint committee commenced work immediately after its appointment, and has already held several meetings. The members have made a through investigation of the causes of opposition and the conditions to be dealt with in bringing about the proposed union. It has been found that at present the majority of the boards of both the Monthly and the Advocate approve the plan. However, there still remains strong opposition among some of the alumni, who were formerly editors of the magazines, as well as among several members of the boards.

The last attempt to unite these two papers that are now competing in a single field, was made two years ago. The project failed at that time because of a lack of proper support. Since then the plan to merge the Advocate and Monthly has been seriously agitated, and consequently the present desirable scheme is expected to be more successful.