Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

PROFESSOR HOLLIS TO LEAVE.

The announcement that Professor Ira Nelson Hollis has been elected President of Worcester Polytechnic Institute makes Harvard men rejoice at the signal honor that has been bestowed upon him, but it also brings them intense regret because it means the loss of a great teacher and a steadfast friend. Professor Hollis has been here for twenty years, and during that time he has not only served the University and the students well in his teaching capacity, but he has taken a thorough interest in undergraduate athletics. His services in connection with the building of the Stadium will long be remembered, and his efforts as a member of the committee on the regulation of sports to raise the standard of athletics have been crowned by success. Throughout his career here Professor Hollis has maintained intimate relations with the students, and so has always been regarded as a close friend. The admiration with which all Harvard men regard him illustrates the influence a teacher of strong personality may wield when he tries to know and serve his students outside the class room. The CRIMSON wishes to express its deep regret at the loss of Professor Hollis, and to extend him its best wishes for success in his new field of work.