Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

1916 SOCCER TEAM DEFEATED

Outclassed Saturday by Celtic Club of Waltham.--Score 5 to 1.

The Freshman Association football team was defeated by the Celtic Club of Waltham on Soldiers Field Saturday afternoon by the score of 5 to 1. The game was the first one of the season for the Freshmen; and their lack of experience was partly responsible for the defeat.

The play during the first half was nearly even. In this period F. S. Allen '16 scored for the Freshmen, and the Celtic Club made two goals. In the second half the Celtics had the advantage of a strong wind and secured three more goals. The Freshman defence was strong throughout the game, but the forward line had not had enough previous practice together to develop team-play.

Captain Elected.

Following the game R. T. Whistler '16, of Baltimore, Md., was elected captain of the team. The Summary. 1916.  CELTIC CLUB. Coleman, McLaughlin, g.  g., G. Raistrick De Camp, r.f.b.  r.f.b., B. Raistrick Jennings, l.f.b.  l.f.b., Sutton Dean, r.h.b.  r.h.b., Rigby Whistler, l.h.b.  l.h.b., Brown Wood, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Paulive Hughes, c.f.  c.f., Duncan Allen, o.r.f.  o.r.f., Neil Lyman, i.r.f.  i.r.f., Burdett Talbot, i.l.f.  i.l.f., H. Raistrick Boyden, o.l.f.  o.l.f., Stamm

Goals--Allen, Stamm 2, Duncan, Paulive, H. Raistrick. Time of halves--45 minutes.