Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

THE BOWDOIN PRIZE.

There are in Harvard College few undergraduates who know the history of the Bowdoin Prize and appreciate its significance. The list of winners of this prize is honorable and contains the names of men who have become famous not only in literary and academic work, but in all the varied activities of life. Acquaintance with the history of the Bowdoin Foundation generates the appreciation that here at Harvard there exists a prize that compares favorably with the old and famous prizes in foreign universities.

The competition for the Bowdoin Prize has increased in the last few years since the administrators have encouraged the handing in of theses written on all sorts of subjects in various courses. However, considering the age and honorable record of the Bowdoin Foundation, it should stimulate more interest and call forth more effort from the undergraduates. The value and training derived from writing an essay or thesis of merit in this competition justify the effort, even though this effort may win no material reward. The term of competition is now very limited, as the last day for submitting contributions is April first, and all who have been working for months on theses and essays for various courses, whether they have had the Prize in mind or not, should turn them over to the Committee in charge.