Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

NORTHFIELD CONFERENCE

This Year from June 20 to 29--Purpose and Plans.--Committee.

Plans for the Northfield Student Conference of Young Men's Christian Associations for colleges of the East showing the various activities and the purpose of the Conference, which is to be held this year from June 20 to 29, have been presented. The primary purpose of the conference is to provide a natural opportunity for men from the different colleges to meet for an unhurried consideration, in especially agreeable surroundings, of the vital significance of Christianity for the colleges and for the college man in his various callings. The daily program includes two meetings of all the delegates, group classes for Bible study, mission study, or study of social problems, and larger group conferences on life work. The afternoons are given over entirely to recreation consisting of an intercollegiate baseball series, a tennis tournament, and a track meet. The leaders and speakers are all men well acquainted with student life, with whom the delegates can come in close touch.

Expenses and the Committee.

The committee hopes that the Harvard delegation will number at least 100 men this year, and this seems very probable as already about half that number have signified their intention to go. In order that everyone may feel able to go, the expenses are cut down as low as possible. The total expense for the ten days will be only about $22, divided as follows: round-trip railroad fare, $4; registration fee $5; board and room $13. Arrangement can be made for several men to get their expenses at the Conference paid by waiting on table, the number of positions depending on the size of the delegation.

Men who were unable to attend the meeting yesterday are urged to talk with any member of the following committee: G. F. Plimpton '14, chairman, N. L. Tibbetts '15, treasurer, H. G. Knight '13, P. J. White '13, J. P. Brown '14, J. D. Winslow '14, L. O. Wright '14, H. Francke '15, P. L. Rabenold '15, F. B. Withington '15, W. J. Bingham '16, and R. T. Twitchell '16.