THE NEW HARVARD BOOKLET.

In the publication of a booklet containing a frank exposition of student life by representative Harvard students the Federation of Territorial Clubs has taken an important step in extending the influence of the College. The official statements of University authorities may be misunderstood as prejudiced, while the enthusiastic descriptions from graduates may be looked upon as colored by time, but the clear explanation of men who are on the spot, living the life and doing the work must carry the force of authority. With the fortunate selection of able contributors who are peculiarly well suited to discuss their topics, with the inclusive range of these topics, and with the special feature of numerous illustrations, the volume must necessarily be attractive enough to catch a schoolboy's attention, interesting enough to tempt him to make use of it, and sufficiently complete to give him a true picture of student life at Harvard.

The final editing of this booklet is in the hands of the Press Association, and is also under the supervision of the Association's graduate advisory committee of which Mr. E. H. Wells is chairman. This insures that the publication will be both representative and influential. The Alumni Association has volunteered to contribute at least twenty-five dollars toward the expenses of the book, and other graduates are relied on for further support.

Since the Sub-Freshmen sign up for College in June we strongly urge those who are interested in the publication to use all expediency in placing the booklet in the hands of the men who are thinking about entering college, before it is too late to be effective this year. We feel this direct statement of conditions at Harvard will be welcomed by outsiders fully as much as by Harvard men.