MUSICAL OPPORTUNITIES NEGLECTED.

The opportunities offered in our community to hear music of all kinds and of the highest quality are unsurpassed. Not only has the Department of Music aimed to furnish excellent instruction in music, but it has also helped to make Cambridge a musical centre by inviting here the most gifted artists of the day. In addition there are symphony concerts and Whiting recitals. Yet, in spite of the wealth of opportunities, the main body of students seems indifferent to their exquisite quality and value, and at the various concerts they are conspicuous by their absence. To be sure this is a busy little world of ours, with the hundreds of activities, but the chance to hear music of the highest order by musicians of renown should not be disregarded. Last evening there was given under the auspices of the Division of Music an unusual concert of rare merit--the recital of English and Scottish Folk Songs by the Misses Fuller. The audience, in which students were decidedly in the minority, was delighted and charmed with the beauty and talent of the rendition and that undergraduates fail to take advantage of such exceptional opportunities is indeed lamentable.