JUNIORS RESPONDED READILY

$1000 PLEDGED LAST WEEK FOR INSTALLATION OF ELECTRICITY IN YARD.

The Junior class has readily responded to the call for pledges for the instalment of electric lights in the Senior dormitories, $1000 being promised as a result of the first week's canvass. A meeting of the Electric Light Committee will be held in the Common Room of Thayer Hall tonight at 7 o'clock to which officers of the classes of 1914, 1915, and 1916 have been invited. It is hoped that an agreement for raising money can be arranged and plans made to complete the work.

Co-operation Necessary.

It is expected that by the end of the week the Juniors will have contributed at least $1500, about half of the total sum required. The burden, however, is too heavy for any one class; in order that the plan may be carried through, the support of the lower classes is absolutely necessary, and with more than half of the sum accounted for, the success of the plan rests with them.

Arrangements of Fixtures.

Although the estimate has not been finally made, the present plans provide that each suite will be equipped with a chandelier with two lights and a drop-light attachment, and on the wall will be a connection for another desk lamp. All will have chain-pull switches and possibly a switch at the door. Each bathroom and bed-room will have a single wall fixture.

At the Sophomore smoker tonight pledge cards will be distributed and the merits of the plan discussed. 1914 ELECTRIC LIGHT COMMITTEE.