REMARKABLE RIFLE SEASON

University Shooters Now Eastern Champions--Several Records of Note.

By winning last week's match with North Georgia Agricultural College with the score 946 to 938, the University rifle team secured the Eastern Intercollegiate championship with the record of 13 matches won and none lost.

As soon as Iowa and West Virginia shoot for the championship of the Western League, the University team will compete with the winner for the intercollegiate championship of the United States.

Notable Records Achieved.

In addition to winning the trophy for the Eastern championship, Harvard won the cups given to the non-military college making the best showing. During the season just completed, E. P. Carver '13 has had the best record with an average of 193.6 out of a possible 200. F. W. Capper '15 is second with an average of 192.6 and C. B. Long '13 third with 190.9. While the team did not make the best average in the league, they made one score of 978 out of a possible 1000, which is a world's record under these conditions. It was in this match that Capper shot 200 out of a possible 200, a record which has never been equalled.