A TIE IN HARVARD'S FAVOR

Of the twenty-one Harvard-Yale track meets that have been held since 1891, the Crimson has won a bare majority, the decisive victory last year being the eleventh. The standing as regards the nine year trophies which graduates have offered, however, is a tie, each university having won a cup and two legs on the present prize (no meet in 1896). This year, especially since the Cornell meet, Harvard would seem to be the logical favorite, for good material and a team with well distributed strength have fallen to our lot.

But Yale is always a hardy opponent, particularly at home, and has exhibited splendid worth in defeating Princeton. Against Harvard's strength in the hurdles and distance runs, Yale sets ability in the field events, sprints, and the half-mile. So whatever the outcome, the meet will certainly be a beautiful, hard-fought struggle between magnificent athletes on both sides.

The CRIMSON takes this opportunity to express the University's appreciation of the work of the team as it leaves for New Haven and to wish Captain Cummings and the men success on Yale Field.