1916 WON FIRST TENNIS MATCH

Andover Defeated 6 to 1.--College Doubles Tournament Will Begin Today.

In their first match the Freshman Tennis team defeated Phillips Andover Academy, 6 to 1 at Andover Saturday afternoon. The only Harvard man to lose was C. C. Felton who was defeated by DeCamp after three hard sets. The best tennis of the afternoon was displayed in the match between Pfaffmann and Watson although the former had no trouble in winning. The form shown by the 1916 team in the initial match makes the prospects particularly bright for a win from Yale 1916 on Saturday.

The summary:

Singles: J. S. Pfaffmann '16 defeated Watson 6-2 6-2; J. Wooldredge '16 defeated Appleton, 7-5, 6-1; De Camp defeated C. C. Felton '16, 7-5, 1-6, 6-4; H. D. Holmes '16 defeated Frost, 6-0, 6-0; A. F. Doty '16 defeated Dickey, 6-1, 6-0.

Doubles: J. S. Pfaffman '16 and J. Wooldredge '16 defeated Watson and De Camp, 6-0, 6-0; C. C. Felton '16 and F. Hyde '16 defeated Appleton and Frost, 6-4, 6-4.

College Doubles Begin Today.

Play for the college tennis championship in the doubles will begin at Jarvis Field this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. The pairings for today are as follows:

At 2.30--R. B. Romaine "13 and H. D. Minot '13 vs. G. Sturgis '13 and S. Minot '13; winners to play E. S. Harrington '13 and N. E. Paine, Jr., '13, at 4.00; W. W. Mansfield '15 and E. H. Heminway '15 vs. C. J. North '14 and D. B. Buffum '14; winners to play T. B. Lewis '13 and H. G. Smith '13 at 4.00; D. P. Rumsey '16 and W. P. Hunt '16 vs. E. H. Whitney '14 and J. J. Armstrong '14; C. A. Herter '15 and H. Wainwright '15 vs. F. S. Hyde '16 and partner; C. C. Felton '16 and L. Curtis, 2nd, '16 vs. W. Faulkner '14 and W. W. Whitney '15.

At 4.00--W.B. Harris '13 and partner vs. J. C. Devereux '14 and E. R. Hastings '14; A. J. Lowrey '13 and E. H. Woods '14 vs. D. Kimball '15 and E. S. Draper, Jr., '15; H. D. Holmes '16 and A. J. Doty '16 vs. H. A. Lawton '16 and J. S. Pfaffmann '16.