Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

TENNIS TEAM LOST TO PRINCETON

Defeated by Score of 6 to 3 at Princeton Yesterday.

The University tennis team was defeated by Princeton yesterday afternoon by the score of 6 to 3. The match was played at Princeton and had been held over from Saturday because of rain.

Of the six singles matches only two went to the University team. In these W. M. Washburn '15 and A. J. Lowrey '13 defeated their opponents in straight sets. In the doubles J. C. Devereux '14 and E. R. Hastings, Jr., '14 had little difficulty in gaining a victory, but the other two matches were closely contested, especially that between E. H. Whtney '14 and W. M. Washburn '15 against W. H. Mace, and G. M. Church in which each of three sets went to deuce.

The summary:

Singles.--G. M. Church defeated E. H. Whitney '14, 6-0, 6-1; W. M. Washburn '15 defeated W. H. Mace, 6-4, 6-4; S. Farr defeated E. H. Woods '14, 6-2, 8-6; A. M. Kidder defeated J. C. Devereux '14, 5-7, 6-2, 6-3; W. S. Kuhn defeated E. R. Hastings, Jr., '14, 4-6, 8-6, 6-3; A. J. Lowrey '13 defeated L. Vandeventer, 6-3, 6-2.

Doubles.--W. H. Mace and G. M. Church defeated E. H. Whitney '14 and W. M. Washburn '15, 7-5, 5-7, 8-6; J. C. Devereux '14 and E. R. Hastings, Jr., '14 defeated A. M. Kidder and L. Vandeventer, 6-4, 6-4; W. S. Kuhn and S. Farr defeated A. J. Lowrey '13 and E. H. Woods '14, 6-1, 2-6, 6-4.