Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

ONE SUMMER DUTY.

Through the assistance of the Students' Employment Office and other agencies, several hundred Harvard men will represent the University all over the country this summer in various sorts of work. Many will do house to house canvassing, some will be councillors in boys' camps, others will be tutors and companions, to say nothing of those who will take clerkships in commercial houses, manufactories, banks, and insurance companies. On all of these men will rest the reputation which Harvard will have among thousands of people for years to come. Some of them will go into homes where the name of Harvard has never been mentioned. Some will have an opportunity to change a bad reputation to a good one. What the College may demand of them all is that they shall in none of their dealings with employers or customers cast discredit on Harvard. We all know with what readiness we judge our contemporary colleges by the single representatives from them who who now and then come among us or whom we meet during the summer months. So long as we remember that Harvard is being judged in the same way, the danger of her being misjudged will diminish.