Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

MEDICAL RESEARCH PARTY ON WAY

Expedition Headed for Ecuador to Study Tropical Diseases.

The expedition to obtain material and specimens for the new Department of Tropical Medicine which sailed from New York some time ago will return about the middle of September. The party, now on the way to Guayaquil, Ecuador, is composed of the following men: Dr. R. P. Strong, Professor of Tropical Medicine; Dr. E. E. Tyzzer, Assistant Professor of Pathology and Director of the Harvard Cancer Commission; and Mr. C. T. Brues, Instructor in Economic Entomology.

One of the special objects of the expedition is to study "verucca peruviana," a very contagious and infectious disease. It is very serious and has an extremely high rate of mortality. Neither its cause nor the methods by which it is transmitted are known. It is particularly prevalent in and about Grayaquil.

Mr. Brues will also make a study and special collection of tropical insects: and will obtain fresh material on the plague, yellow fever, and other tropical diseases: and the members of the party to and from Grayaquil will be of immense value to the Department of Tropical Medicine.