CHANGES IN HISTORY COURSES

A Number of Changes Have Been Made Since the Publication of the Elective Pamphlet.

Several important changes have been made in next year's history courses since the appearance of the regular elective pamphlet in February. They are briefly as follows:

History 30 is to be divided into two half-courses--History 30a (Continental Europe since 1815), which is not open to students who have already taken History 2b, since that course covered approximately the same ground; and History 30b (the Expansion of Europe since 1915), which is open to students who have taken History 30a or History 2b. History 42 (the Age of the Renaissance in Europe) and Economics 23 (Economic History of Europe to the middle of the Eighteenth Century) will be given, not as full courses, but as half-courses in the second half-year. History 24 (History of the Church since the Reformation) and probably History 19 (The Eastern Question) will be omitted. History 16 (History of Spain and the Spanish-American Colonies) will be divided into two half-courses, entirely independent of one another. History 16a, in the first half-year, will deal with the history of Latin America from the discovery to the present; History 16b, in the second half-year, treats of the history of Spain. The hour of History 52 (European Diplomacy since 1814) has been changed from Tuesday and Thursday at 2.30 to Tuesday and Thursday at 11.

Attention is also called to the rule which prevents students who have taken History 1 in college from taking Elementary European History for the removal of an entrance condition.