MR. NOYES TO READ TONIGHT

English Poet and Lecturer Will Give an Address on "Militarism" Before Reading Original Poems.

Mr. Alfred Noyes, of London, will give an address and reading in Sanders Theatre this evening at 8 o'clock. the subject of his address will be "Militarism" and the reading will consist of selections from his own poems. The address and reading will be open to the public.

Mr. Noyes is a well-known English poet and has been particularly prominent lately as an advocate of universal peace. It is on one phase of this subject, of which he has made a thorough study, that he will speak this evening. He is an accomplished reader, particularly of his own poems, which are unusual for their style and feeling.

During his two months' stay in this country, Mr. Noyes, has visited almost all the prominent educational centres, and has given a series of readings at Yale and other colleges. While at Oxford, he was an oarsman and still evinces an active interest in athletics and other features of undergraduate life. Mr. Noyes is a thorough and interested student of American literature, in particular the writings of some of our younger poets and novelists.