CORPORATION APPOINTMENTS

List of Men of Take up Work in Fall.--Two New Exchange Professors.

The Corporation has recently announced the appointment of Fernand Baldensperger, professor of Comparative Literature at the Sorbonne, as exchange professor at the University for 1913-14. Professor Baldensperger's term of service will fall in the first half-year. Form 1900 to 1910 he was professor of comparative literature at the University of Lyons, and since that time has held the same position at the Sorbonne.

Ernst von Dobschuetz, professor of the New Testament at the University of Halle, has also been appointed an exchange professor for 1913-14. From 1899 to 1904 he was professor of the New Testament at the University of Jena; he has since held the same position at the universities of Strassburg, Breslau, and Halle.

The Corporation at is recent meetings has called to the University some scholars now teaching elsewhere, and has also promoted a number of members of the University staff.

Ernest C. Moore, now profesor of education at Yale, is appointed professor of education. Professor Moore received the degree of A.B. from Ohio Normal University in 1892, the degree of A.M. from Columbia University four years later, and that of Ph.D. from the University of Chicago in 1898. Besides teaching in the University of California, where for two years he was Dean of the Summer Session, and at Yale, where for the past three years he has been professor of education, he served for four years as superintendent of schools at Los Angeles. He was associated with Professor Hanus in 1911-12 in the New York City school inquiry.

Edward Brinley Adams '92 has been made Librarian of the Law School to take the place of John H. Arnold, A.M. h.'02, Librarian of the School since 1872, who has resigned. Adams received the degree of A.B. from Harvard in 1892 and the degree of LL.B. five years later. After leaving the Law School he practiced law, first in Colorado Springs; and later in Boston, where for a time he was in the office of Arthur Lord '72. He was lecturer on property in the Law School in 1902-03 and for the last four years has been Librarian of the Social Law Library of Boston.

Benjamin McA. Anderson, Jr., now instructor in economics in Columbia University, has been appointed assistant professor of economics. Dr. Anderson graduated from the University of Missouri in 1906, receiving the degree of A.M. from that institution in 1910, and that of Ph.D. from Columbia in 1911. Besides teaching at the State Normal School, Cape Girardeau, Mo., in the high school in Columbia, Mo., and tat Missouri Valley College, he served four years as head of the department of history and political economy at the State Normal School, Springfield, Mo.

Among the promotions may be mentioned that of Professor Lincoln F. Schaub, A.B. (Charles City, Ia.) '01, A.M. (Iowa University) '03, LL.B. (Harvard) '06, who becomes professor of commercial law. Professor Schaub has been assistant professor of commercial law since 1909 and secretary of the Graduate School of Business Administration since 1908.

Dr. W. J. V. Osterhout, A.B. (Brown) '93, Ph.D. (University of California) '99, is made professor of botany. For the last four years he has served as assistant professor of botany. From 1896 to 1909 he taught botany at the University of California.

Irvah L. Winter '86 is made associate professor of public speaking. Professor Winter has been teaching public speaking at Harvard since 1899.

Percy W. Bridgman '04, Ph.D. '08, instructor in physics for the last three years, is made assistant professor of physics