Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

YALE CREWS AT GALES FERRY

University and Freshman Crews in Training Quarters Preparing for Harvard Race.

The Yale University and freshman crew squads are now at Gales Ferry, New London, putting on the finishing touches preparatory to the annual races with Harvard. There are twenty university oarsmen and sixteen freshmen, under the direction of Coaches Gold, Harriman, Kirby, Rodgers and Acheson.

The University eight, as it is now rowing, is composed largely of experienced men. Four were in the first boat last year, two others were in the first four-oar last year, and the remaining two were taken from the freshman shell. The freshman eight is regarded as one of the strongest that Yale has had for some years, only one change having been made in the order since Christmas.

The new shell which was recently brought over from England for the use of the varsity oarsmen has not yet been repaired after the damage it received in being taken from the steamer. Work is being pushed forward rapidly, however, and the boat should be ready for use in a short time.

After the recent change in the order of the university shell because of Philbin's illness the make-ups of the crews were as follows:

University.--Crocker, stroke; Lippincott, 7; Denman, 6; Stephenson, 5; Bugbee, 4; Denegre, 3; Captain Snowden, 2; Gore, bow; Barnum, cox.

Freshman.--Gilfillan, stroke; Low, 7; Fitzpatrick, 6; Sturtevant, 5; Ropp, 4; Nixon, 3; Sheldon, 2; Gaillard, bow; McLane, cox.

It is likely that Philbin will get a place in the varsity boat when he recovers from his illness.