Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

YALE DEFEATED PRINCETON

In Ten-Inning Game at New Haven on Saturday.

Yale defeated Princeton in baseball in a ten-inning game at New haven on Saturday by the score of 4 to 3. Gile was in the box for Yale and pitched effectively with the exception of the fourth inning when Princeton secured four safe hits. These, combined with a base on balls, netted them three runs, their only tallies in the game.

Yale scored one in the last half of the same inning after Copeland had given three bases on balls and Reed muffed an easy grounder at third base. Two more were added in the sixth when Burdett, Pumpelly and Gile each singled and Copeland passed Middelbrook and Schofield. The game was won in the tenth on singles by Cornish, Burdett, and Schofield.

Both teams played fairly well in the field, although Reed's error in the fourth inning was disastrous. Yale outhit Princeton, but, with the exception of the last inning, was unable to hit at opportune times. Copeland's wildness was also a factor in Princeton's defeat, as he gave three passes in succession in one inning.

The closeness of the game was more or less of a surprise, as Yale's record this season has been much better than that of Princeton. The second game of the series will be played at Princeton next Saturday.

The score by innings:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 R.  H.  E. Yale, 0  0  0  1  0  2  0  0  0  1--4-  11  2 Pr'ton,  0  0  0  3  0  0  0  0  0  0--3  7  2

Batteries: Yale--Gile and Burdett; Princeton, Copeland Wood, and Garter.