CRITICAL CONTEST TODAY

WILLIAMS NINE HAS ENVIABLE RECORD.--DEFEATED YALE ON WEDNESDAY.

The University baseball team will meet Williams on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. Williams comes here with an enviable record for the season and should give the University team no small amount of trouble.

The best performance of the visitors was at New Haven last Wednesday when they broke Yale's record of 17 consecutive victories, winning by the score of 2 to 0. Hodge who will be in the box today, pitched against Yale and was invincible in the critical stages. Williams is particularly anxious to win today's game as a victory over Harvard would offset the defeat which they suffered at the hands of Princeton two weeks ago. Four of last year's team, Captain Lewis, Ainslee, Brown, and Swan, will play today. Hodge has had little experience in pitching but has shown great promise in the preliminary games. The team as a whole plays well together and all the men are good hitters.

Harvard's line-up will be the same as in the Brown game, except that Felton will pitch instead of Hitchcock. Felton has been working well in practice during the last few days and should be at his best today.

The batting orders follows: HARVARD.  WILLIAMS. Alsop, l.f.  c.f., Statler Wingate, s.s.  r.f., Gillette Clark, 2b.  2b., Ainslee Ayres, 1b.  3b., Swan Gannett, r.f.  c., Lewis Hardwick, c.f.  1b., Prindle Tomes, 3b.  l.f., Leihart Young, c.  s.s., Brown Felton, p.  p., Hodge