Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

NEW PROFESSORSHIP ESTABLISHED

Japanese Students Provide for Novel Course.--Exchange Professors.

An announcement of considerable interest was recently made in relation to exchange professorships in the University. A group of former Japanese students raised the sum of $25,000 during the past year and presented it to the University for the support of a new professorship of Japanese literature and life. Masahau Anezaki, professor of the science of religion in the Imperial University of Tokio, will act as professor in the new course, which will do much to broaden the knowledge of the Japanese nation and its literatures.

The visiting professor from France this year is Prof. Fernand Baldensterger, who will offer courses in comparative literature. From Germany comes Prof. Ernst von Dobschutz, whose subject is theology.

Harvard sends from its staff in return Prof. A. C. Coolidge of the history department to the University of Berlin and Prof. Maxime Bocher of the department of mathematics to the Sorbonne and other French universities.

Western Exchange Professors.

The university also maintains exchange relations with colleges in the West, each of which sends a member of its faculty to Harvard for teaching and research work and receives in return for a few weeks each the services of one of the distinguished men of Harvard's faculty. In pursuance of this arrangement, Charlotte M. Fiske will come from Beloit College for chemistry, Homer Woodbridge from Colorado College for English and E. R. Smith from Grinnell College.