CONFERENCE ON SOCIAL SERVICE

Dean Briggs and Others Will Talk at Meeting in Brooks House Tonight

Tonight all those who are interested to find out just what Social Service means will be enlightened by attending the conference at Brooks House at 7.30 o'clock. Dean Briggs will talk on the social work from the point of view of the Faculty. A. R. Williams, of Boston, will speak of his work in the slums of East Boston. He will tell of the hardships of his community and the need for social workers. The stories he has to tell are similar to those in Victor Hugo's "Les Miserables."

E. D. Smith 1L., Shaw Fellow in 1913, and past Social Service Secretary, has just returned from abroad filled with ideas and stories of the social work in Europe. A. F. Pickernell '14 will talk on the business of the entertainment troupes which visit the Boston settlements during the winter. W. B. Pirnie '15, present Social Service Secretary, will map out the work of the year and show specifically what the men have done and can do.

All men in the University whether interested or not are invited to come. Freshmen are expected to be on hand.