1917 MAKES VALIANT STAND

Freshmen Hold University to Low Score In a Practice Characterized by Poor Shooting.

The Freshman, hockey team made a good showing against the University regulars yesterday afternoon by holding them down to a score of 3 to 0 during the first half-hour of play. After that the substitutes went in for both teams and two more goals were scored on 1917, making the final score 5 to 0 in favor of the University team. The goals were made by Phillips, Hopkins, Claflin, Curtis, and Wanamaker. Smart was in the line-up for a few minutes yesterday for the first time since the Princeton game. The practice throughout the entire afternoon was characterized by inaccurate shooting.

The line-ups: UNIVERSITY.  FRESHMEN. Smart, Morgan, Devereux, r.w.  l.w., Baker, Rice Phillips, Saltonstall, r.c.  l.c., Townsend, Howe Hopkins, Wanamaker, l.c.  r.c., Baldwin, Fisher S. P. Clark, Curtis, l.w.  r.w., Kissel, Childs, Bliss Claflin, Doty, McKinlock, c.p.  c.p., Morgan, Roquemore Willetts, Cunningham, C. S. Clark, p.  p., Harris, Eckfelt, Appleton Carnochan, Washburn, g.  g., Wylde, Weld