GENERAL PHYSICAL TRAINING

Athletic Class for Freshmen, Designed for Those Not Out for Teams, Holds Meeting Tomorrow.

A meeting of the Freshmen who intend to take advantage of the general athletic class will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. C. F. Damon '15 and P. Withington '10 will outline the plans of the class and the men will be divided into squads according to height and weight.

The class will meet Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons at 4 or 4.30 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium. Coach Mann of the University swimming team will take charge of the swimming; Sam Anderson, ex-world's champion middleweight wrestler, will coach the wrestling squad; Mr. Leslabay will take charge of the fencing; and Coach Foley of the boxing. Beside these exercises there will be training in running, jumping, vaulting and tumbling. It will be arranged so that a man may enter all of these branches.

The class is intended primarily to give an opportunity for exercise and development to men not out for any organized team. It therefore aims to give men general physical training rather than proficiency in any particular branch of sport. The class is free of charge, the only requirement being fairly regular attendance.