TENNIS TITLE TO BE DECIDED

Entries Open University Championships in Singles and Doubles.

The University championship tennis tournament in singles will begin on Jarvis Field and Soldiers Field next Thursday afternoon. The doubles championship tournament will commence next Monday, October 12. Both tournaments will be open to all four classes in College and to all the graduate schools. Blue-books for entries in both events are at Leavitt & Peirce's where all entries should be made. It is important that the hours and days of all afternoon College engagements be recorded in the entry books so that defaults for not appearing may be correctly awarded. Entries at 50 cents each in singles must be made before next Wednesday at 6 o'clock.; and at $1 a team in doubles must be recorded before next Saturday at 6 o'clock.

Prizes will be awarded this year to the winners and runners-up in each tournament. There is no charge for the court when a tournament match is being played, but contestants must supply their own balls. Two out of three set matches are required in each case except in the semi-finals and finals when they will be the best three out of five sets. Defaults will be made if a contestant fails to appear within a quarter hour after the time announced in the CRIMSON for his match. Scores of all matches must be recorded on a chart at the field before 6 o'clock on the day of play, or the winner will be disqualified. No one on probation may compete.