1918 FOOTBALLISTS PROMISING

Squad Divided into Four Teams.--First Eleven Picked Today.

After almost two weeks' practice the freshman football squad is commencing the round into shape. Although the number of men out for the team has grown smaller, there are still about 70 working at every afternoon. Last week's work insisted entirely in teaching the candidates the fundamentals, with plenty of work in tackling the dummies. At the end of the week the squad was divided into four teams, each team with its own substitutes. Although the elevens are designated by the letters A. B. C. and D, these letters do not represent their respective merits, for the squad was divided as evenly as possible. Daily scrimmages have been held between these teams during the week, and have served to bring to view the ability of the players.

A re-division of the squad will be made today, when the dormitory teams will be chosen and also, the team which will present the Freshmen in the schedule of four outside games.

However, the choice of the first team is not final since members of the interdomitory teams who show marked ability during the games will be raised to the Freshman team.

P. Withington '10 is at the head of the coaching staff. His assistants are S. T. Hopkins '14, L. Saltonstall '14, F. Wigglesworth '15, J. A. Gilman, Jr., '16, D. Adder '16, and D. Duncan '17.