Communications

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Everyone knows how well guarded are tickets to the Yale game this year. The care has been so great that other means of evasion, which take seats directly from undergraduates, have been devised. I refer to the usherships which are supposed to go to Harvard men and more especially Harvard men who could not otherwise afford to see the game.

A Brown game section head informed friends that he had arranged three Yale usherships for Boston friends who had never attended the University.

Another section head offered me in person ten dollars and an ushership for my two tickets to the game.

A Freshman already holding a cheering section seat has been promised an ushership. A friend from Andover will sit in that section as the guest of this Freshman who ushers for the first time this year at the Yale game.

In the meanwhile, a Freshman who had ushered at every other game and who could not afford to purchase a ticket was dropped at the Brown game. it was admitted that it was through no fault of his own. He was told that his only chance lay in signing the "extra-usher" blue-book. It was then late Monday and so many had already signed that he was told his chances were not one in twenty.

These are cases that I know personally. There are doubtless many others. 1914.