COMPLETE RECORD OF WAR DATA.

Yale Endeavoring to Collect Information on European Conflict.

The Yale University Committee working in connection with the library is endeavoring to make the Yale collection of war data the most complete in existence. It is, of course, practically impossible for the Universities in Europe to make a thorough, scientific collection of all the information bearing on the war and it is, therefore, incumbent on countries other than the belligerent nations to collect material for historians.

Five different sorts of material are being collected: first, the correspondence between the various nations presenting the diplomatic phase of the struggle; second, records showing the tread of popular opinion and the impressions of the world at large; third, official military documents; fourth, newspaper and periodical excerpts; and finally, army and navy journals of the strategic side of the conflict with scientific discussions of the value of submarines, Zeppelins, explosives, recently invented guns, etc. This collection should prove intensely interesting as well as of inestimable value.