HARVARD MEN IN EUROPEAN WAR

News of Work of Eight Graduates Procured by Alumni Bulletin.

An investigation conducted by the Alumni Bulletin in an endeavor to ascertain the names of University graduate who are connected in any field of service with the European War brought the following information:

E. P. Merritt '82 and Mrs. Merritt now returned to America, took at an active part in hospital work at Aix-la-Bains during August and September.

Joseph Walker, LL.B. '90, served during most of the summer as chairman the Lucerne-American Relief Committee. He had previously been chairman of the sub-committee on transportation.

Robert Emmet '93 has become an English citizen and is major in the Warwickshire Yeomanry.

Professor Richard Whoriskey '97, of New Hampshire College, worked for two weeks in August as a volunteer in the American consulate at Hanover, Germany.

Rhodes Fayerweather, M.D. '99, Johns Hopkins Hospital, went to Europe on the Red Cross hospital ship as head of a unit, and is now stationed France.

James C. Fyshe, M. D. '04, went to England with the first Canadian contingent as surgeon with rank of captain. At the outbreak of the war he settled in Alberta, Edmonton. He went to Valtin with the 19th Alta Dragoons, but was transferred to the Army Medical Corp., with which he had been connected when he was formerly in Montreal.

Phillips B. Robinson arrived in London from New York on August 20, and soon afterwards was attached to the staff of the American embassy as a volunteer in preparing passports. He continued this work until October, when he joined the British Red Cross Corps as volunteer ambulance chauffeur for service in France, where he is at present probably near Amiens.

John Paulding Brown '14 is now on the force of the American Hospital Paris.