1916 DANCE COMMITTEE AT WORK

Sub-divisions Made to Facilitate Arrangements for Promenade.

In order to facilitate the arrangements for the Junior Dance, the Committee has been divided into seven sub-committees, as follows: Music and food, F. S. Allen, D. C. Watson; patronesses, H. Amory; treasurer, W. C. Boyden, Jr.; secretary, W. Rollins; entertainment, C. F. Farrington; invitations, H. Foreman, chairman, F. P. Clement, H. G. Nichols, R. C. Curtis, G. Courtney; Union, P. Lowry, chairman, W. J. Bingham, H. L. Nash, R. S. Sturgis.

The Committee is making extra efforts this year to have the dance a success, but in order to do this the co-operation of the whole class is needed. Since only Union members will be admitted, the most important thing is for all Juniors who do not belong to the Union, to join at once. Special attention is being given to the selection of the food and music, which will be the best obtainable. Every effort is being made to reduce the expense of the dance, and for this reason everyone is requested to refrain from giving flowers to their guests.

The attention of Juniors is called to the fact that the dance, coming as it does on February 19, is followed by three holidays, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Washington's Birthday, which gives an opportunity to spread the festivities over several days. The committee is also planning an entertainment for the afternoon of the dance, the particulars of which are not yet ready for announcement.

All applications for boxes should be sent to P. Lowry, chairman of the Union Committee, as soon as possible. Ever body should get into line to help make this big dance for 1916 the most succsesful in the annals of the University.