MURRAY HONORED BY FRESHMEN

CLOSE VOTE MARKED 1918 ELECTIONS IN STANDISH HALL YESTERDAY.

The election of Freshman officers was held in Standish Hall yesterday anl resulted as follows:

President.--William James Murray, of Natick.

Vice - president. -- Thomas Chandler Thacher, of Yarmouthport.

Secretary - treasurer. -- George Almy Percy, of Arlington.

Student Council.--Thomas Henry Enwright, Jr., of Fall River; Moseley Taylor, of Boston; and Ludwig King Moorehead, of Andover.

The voting for president, vice-president, and secretary-treasurer was done in accordance with Section 7 of Article III of the Constitution for the three lower classes, which describes preferential voting as follows: "The system of preferential voting described below shall be used in all class elections. Each elector shall indicate his order of preference for all the candidates for each office. A first choice shall count one, a second two, and so on. The candidate receiving the lowest numerical total shall be declared elected. Any ballot on which all the candidates for any office have not been voted upon shall be declared invalid for that office."

The following table is an accurate an- alysis of the vote for each candidate:

President.W. J. Murray,  9M. Wiggin,  9A. Putnam,  11H. A. Quimby, 2nd.,  12Vice-President.T. C. Thacher,  7J. M. Franklin,  8F. H. Harvey,  8Secretary-Treasurer.G. A. Percy,  8W. F. Robinson,  8H. Robb,  9P. Squibb,  12Student Council.T. H. Enwright,  M. Taylor,  L. K. Moorehead,  J. R. Busk,  D. M. Little,  P. M. Cabot,  W. Davis,  H. Davis,  N. V. Nelson,  W. Silverman,  D. C. Jackson,