VICTORY BY A SINGLE POINT

SOCCER TEAM WON HARD-FOUGHT GAME ON LONG SHOT BY MOFFAT

The University association football team won its second victory in the intercollegiate championship series Saturday, defeating Haverford, 1 to 0. The single score was made by Moffat on an excellent long kick, which found the one hole in the almost impregnable defence of the Haverford eleven.

The stubborn resistance put up by the Haverford team was somewhat of a surprise to the University team, which had anticipated rather an easy victory. The work of the opponents' defence, and of Steere in particular, was almost perfect, it being practically impossible to penetrate far enough to secure a good shot at goal.

J. M. Jennings, whom it was thought would be unable to play the remainder of the season, was back in his place at left fullback, while F. B. Withington, who joined the squad at the end of the football season, played for Chubb at right fullback.

The summary:

The score -- Harvard 1, Haverford 0. Goal--Moffat. Referee--A. W. Williams, Lynn. Linesmen -- Burgess; Moon, Haverford. Time--45-minute halves. HARVARD.  HAVERFORD. Nichols, g.  g., Shipley J. M. Jennings, l.f.b.  r.f.b., G. Hallett Withington, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Gardner Fenn, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Dewees, Crossman O'Neill, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Steere Moffat, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Coleman Weld, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Stokes Blackmur, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Carey Baker, c.f.  c.f., Crossman, Van Hollen J. C. Jennings, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Cary Norris, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Buzby