COMPETE FOR CUP TUESDAY

FOUR-LEGGED TROPHY FOR ANNUAL CRIMSON-LAMPOON CONTEST.

Owing to the generosity of three members of the erstwhile noble class of 1913, the advocates of scientific hockey (the CRIMSON and Lampoon sevens) will this year compete for a huge silver cup. The names of the donors are Batchelder, Barron, and Phillips. These gentlemen (all of whom, by the way, were editors in their undergraduate days--the first and last mentioned of a regular paper, and the middle man of the Lampoon) have seen the possibilities of the elusive game of hockey if played scientifically. Hence the cup and all that goes with it.

The cup, which has been called the Phillips-Barron-Batchelder cup will be held for one year by the victorious seven (or more) until four legs are won. The team first winning four legs will obtain permanent possession of the trophy. The CRIMSON has already added another shelf to its well filled trophy case to accommodate this latest offering. This preparation was made only after the most careful deliberation because the members of the CRIMSON team fully realize that virtue is its own reward. However, the cup will scarcely be out of place even in such an environment.

Displayed at Leavitt and Peirce's.

In order that the untalented may have an opportunity of seeing the cup, the donors have consented to allow it to be placed on display in Leavitt & Peirce's window for a day or two. In the meantime interest in the Nobel prize is expected to be at a minimum.

The members of the CRIMSON team wish to express their gratitude to the donors of the cup for the substantial stimulant which they have administered for the scientific advancement of hockey. To Mr. Barron especially are we grateful for we realize that he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. However, we admire a good loser and will say unqualifiedly that all the members of the board of our foolish contemporary are good losers. It is merely the adaptation of that old adage that practice makes perfect.

Incidentally, we might add that the slaughter for the first leg of the cup will occur on Tuesday afternoon in one or more of the Stadium rinks. And the cup has quite a capacity too.