MUSICAL MEET IS ASSURED

Plans for Competitive Gleo Club Concert Will be Carried Out Despite Yale, Cornell and Princeton.

A competitive Glee Club concert in New York this spring now seems assured. Though Cornell, Yale, and Princeton have all dropped out because of Faculty restrictions or lack of time to properly rehearse the music, the remaining colleges have decided to go ahead with the project. It was thought for a time that without the support of the alumni of Yale and Princeton, the affair could not be made a financial success. But after a conference in Boston on Saturday, it was decided that the risk of monetary loss was far too small to warrant abandoning this year's meet. As the matter now stands, the participating clubs will be Harvard, Dartmouth, Columbia, and Pennsylvania.

The one point yet unsettled is the date. Though the meet will take place in Carnegie Hall, New York, during the early part of May, the exact evening has not yet been decided upon. The Intercollegiate Musical Council will adopt a constitution and will be definitely organized at a conference to be held in New York on April 7. If the meet this year is a success, articles of incorporation will be drawn up, and the organization given definite standing in the business as well as the musical world. That the meet will be kindly received by the New York public seems to be indicated by the amount of publicity it has already been given in the newspapers.