ORIENTAL COMEDY BY PI ETA

FORTY-EIGHTH ANNUAL PRODUCTION IS SET IN TURKISH SULTANATE.

"A Bug in a Rug," the forty-eighth annual theatrical production of the Pi Eta Society, is a musical comedy in two acts, and, as usual, both the words and music are written by its undergraduate members. The book is the work of J. R. O. Perkins '14 and P. Blackmur '15, the lyrics are composed by D. E. Currier '14 and J. R. O. Perkins '14, and the music by L. G. del Castillo '14 and W. Faulkner '14.

The scene of the plot is laid in a small Sultanate of the Turkish Empire, and it deals with the stirring and humorous adventures of a young American multimillionaire, who is attempting to gain from the Sultan the exclusive purchasing rights of all royal rugs made in the country. After many thrilling events have taken place, including the placing of a death penalty upon his head, the adventurous young American not only corners the Turkish rug market, but wins the hand of the Sultan's daughter.

The production includes eighteen musical numbers, most of them of an Oriental nature accompanied by the dances of the Turkish harem ladies who form the chorus.

The cast of the play is as follows: Hills, U. S. Consul,  A. W. Poole '14 Hors de Combat, Secretary to Consul,  W. E. Wellington '17 Julius Woodrow Napoleon Finney, valet,  W. Faulkner '14 Hamilton Dyke, American rug agent,  F. F. Munroe '15 Prince Nicomede, Prince of Ucalaly,  P. Blackmur '15 Princess Maami, daughter of Sultan,  R. H. Allen '14 Sultan,  R. B. Whidden '15 Venus Snow,  W. D. Foote '15 Diana Snow, (twins),  S. B. Hoar '15 Grace Dyke, sister to Hamilton Dyke,  J. J. Armstrong '14 Lion,  S. L. Simonds '14 Alina, Maami's maid,  A. R. Boynton '14 Lashar Bey, Prime Minister,  J. F. Fuller '15 Two slaves:  H. W. Schroeder '15   G. L. Elkin '15

Chorus: Guards, American show girls, Oriental ballet.

Tickets for the Cambridge performances on Friday, March 20, and Thursday, March 26, may be obtained from the Co-operative Branch or from W. R. Dewey '14, Thayer 29. For the Boston performance on Wednesday, March 25, they may be obtained from the above sources or from Herrick's. Performances will also be given in Andover, Exeter, and Quincy