A CYCLE CLOSES IN GLORY.

One more red letter day in athletics has been recorded on the book of Harvard tradition; a relay team and a hockey team have closed the winter season in clouds of glory. We are reminded of two days of a year ago last fall. On one, two Princeton football teams--a Varsity and a Freshman--went down to defeat, and a Cornell cross-country team lost a dual race at Ithaca. On the other, two intercollegiate championships were won in the same sports, football and cross-country.

The Harvard relay four, after two unsatisfactory victories over the B. A. A., and watching the same team on a third occasion snatch an hour-old record from its grasp, came to the mark Saturday afternoon in marvelous form. All questions of superiority were settled and a world's title regained, which has been already held for thirty-six hours and is likely to be held for many more. The hockey team, as well, after the loss of the Princeton series, made a successful ending of the major sport's first season. Not only was the final victory over Yale hardly and cleanly achieved, but it was achieved in one of the best games of hockey which Harvard and Yale have played for a number of years.

Now, with winter by and March coming in like a lion, the athletic year swings into its third cycle. May crew, spring track, and baseball, soccer and lacrosse partake of the earlier successes of 1913-14.