Items of University Interest

Scrub Hockey Series.

The postponed game in the scrub hockey series between the Hard Guys and the Nom de Bums must be played off at the Stadium today at 3.30 o'clock.

Technology Won Shoot.

The score of the rifle meet between the University and Technology teams has been announced as 917 to 886 in favor of the latter. Unfortunately L. Clark '16 and F. W. Capper '15, usually high guns for the University, were unable to compete. The men who took part for Harvard were; M. P. Robinson '15, C. C. Patterson '16, S. T. Barker '15, S. L. French '15, and E. P. Warner '16. The meet took place at the Armory Range.

Officers of Pierian.

At a recent meeting of the Pierian Sodality, the following officers were elected for the coming year: president, H. A. Swan '15; vice-president, C. S. Bolster '15; secretary, P. M. Synods '15; manager, A. Belden, Jr., '16; assistant manager, N. H. Reynolds sC.

Yale Game Tickets.

Tickets for the Yale hockey game on February 28 are on sale at the Athletic Association Office. Seats in the Harvard cheering section and in the regular reserved seat sections are available at $1.50. Tickets will be placed on sale at Leavitt & Peirce's some time next week, probably Tuesday.

Freshman Hockey Managers.

James Windsor Hubbell, of Des Momes, Ia., and Lawrence Henderson Canan, of Altoona, Pa., have been appointed manager and assistant manager, respectively, of the Freshman hockey team, subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee and the Student Council.

English A Statistics.

Of those taking English A, 51 men were excused at mid-years on account of good work. This is considerably below the number exempt last year, which was 73. Of those excused, 25 come from public and 22 from private schools, as compared with 39 from the former and 24 from the latter a year ago. Exeter is first among the schools in the number of exemptions with 6 to hercredit Middlesex Academy and Brookline High School are tied for second place with three apiece. Two Andover men were excused and 34 schools had one each.