REAL OPPOSITION FOR NINE

ARMY HAS EXHIBITED STRENGTH IN BASEBALL SO FAR THIS YEAR.

The University baseball nine will play the first game of its southern trip when it meets the Cadets at West Point this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock.

West Point is the first strong team that Harvard has yet met. They shut out Colgate by an 8 to 0 score, Neyland pitching a no hit, no run game. Cornell was also defeated by West Point, but the latter lost to Dickinson in the opening game of the year.

The Harvard squad left yesterday afternoon, all in excellent condition for the six games scheduled for the trip. A final light practice was held Thursday afternoon in place of the game with Maine which was called off.

After today's game, the University squad will return to New York, staying there until tomorrow when the journey will be made to Washington. Monday afternoon Catholic University will be Harvard's opponents. A day's rest will follow, and on Wednesday the third game of the trip will be played against Annapolis.

On Thursday the University will open a two game series with Georgetown, which has two victories over Princeton to its credit. After these games, the trip will end with a contest with Columbia University a week from today. Columbia's strength is shown by the fact that they have won five out of six games, two of the victories being over Pennsylvania.

The batting orders for today: HARVARD  WEST POINT Nash, c.f.  c.f., Merrilat Wingate, s.s.  3b., Millikan Ayres, 1b.  s.s., Gerhardt Gannett, r.f.  r.f., Hobbs Mahan or Hardwick, l.f.  2b., Dunigan Winter, 2b.  1b., Ford Fripp, 3b.  l.f., Bradley Osborn or Waterman, c.  c., Milburn Frye, Whitney, p.  p., Neyland or Butts